Fanshawe College is a comprehensive college serving the greater London region by providing flexible learning arrangements and experiential education opportunities developed in response to labour market needs. One of Ontario’s largest colleges - with four campuses in London, Simcoe, St. Thomas and Woodstock - Fanshawe serves close to half a million people with a promise to educate, engage, empower and excite. They offer more than 200 degree, diploma, certificate and apprenticeship programs to 43,000 students each year, helping people unlock their potential and achieve success in a variety of disciplines including applied arts, business, health care, human services, hospitality and technology.
Fanshawe also plays an important role in providing re-skilling and skill upgrading opportunities for mature learners through the design and delivery of custom training for federally and provincially sponsored trainees, community organizations, sectoral training councils and private sector employers in the business, health, industrial and services sectors.
Vision: Unlocking Potential
Mission Statement: Provide pathways to success, an exceptional learning experience and a global outlook to meet student and employer needs.
Values: Focus on students, involve our communities, utilize resources wisely, embrace change, engage each other.
Why Fanshawe College - Airport
- Aviation programs: Housed in an 80,000-square-foot hangar at the London International Airport are a fleet of aircraft that include a Boeing 727, DHC-7, Dassault, Falcon 10 and Hawker HS125, corporate jets, various other fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters and drones. The building also features student lounges, classrooms, hands-on labs and hangar space. Skilled and experienced faculty help foster a positive reputation in the industry as a top flight repair school
- Campus life: Fanshawe has gained a reputation for having one the best student experiences. Much of that is thanks to the Fanshawe Student Union which hosts 200+ clubs and events and is committed to supporting student success across all campuses. With 1000's of international students from over 95 different countries there is plenty of support and opportunities to meet others through the International Centre and Students Services.
- Facilities: The London campus boasts state-of-the-art learning facilities in modern buildings set on 100 acres of stunning landscaped property. There is also ready access to Health, and Wellness services, and athletics and fitness facilities and programs, and a variety of on-campus dining options.
- Experiential Learning: Fanshawe has over 50 co-operative education programs which is more than any other college in Canada. These programs help jumpstart student's career by combining valuable, paid work experience with their academic program.
- City: London, Ontario is known as the "Forest City" with acres of parks and green space for walking and hiking and is in a region surrounded by the world's largest fresh water lakes. There are lots of reasons to get out and explore nature or enjoy the amazing arts and music scene, markets, multiple places of worship, sports, and nightlife. This beautiful, mid-sized city is located a 2-hour drive from Toronto and Niagara Falls.