Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) is a great modern university, in a great global city, here to make an impact on Manchester, the United Kingdom and beyond, with a driving ambition to discover and disseminate knowledge, and make higher education accessible and beneficial to all those with the passion and ability to succeed.
MMU works closely with the city of Manchester, with business, the community and academic peers – locally, nationally and internationally – to be inventive and creative, generate great opportunities, and enable our students, colleagues and everyone whose lives we touch to make an impact.
Manchester Metropolitan University is internationally recognised with more than 3,000 international students from more than 120 different countries. The university offers more than 1,000 vocational, degree and postgraduate programmes in a wide variety of subject areas, 14 of which are top 20 in the UK (The Complete University Guide 2019).
Why Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU)
- Student Experience: Manchester Metropolitan University provides a forward-looking, dynamic approach to teaching, learning and the holistic student experience(including facilities, course delivery, content, support and environment). Students are at the heart of our University. Every contact counts. We all make a difference.
- International Outlook: MMU has a global ambition, and will focus on building purposeful collaborations that benefit students, research and the city region. Staff and students from all over the world find a warm welcome at our University.
- Access to new and improved facilities: Students will benefit from a recent £350m investment in research and teaching facilities, including £75m in the Business School and Student Hub, as well as £35m building for the Manchester School of Art.
- Location: Located in one of the most exciting cities in the world (Time Out City Life Index 2018), the university is committed to providing a world-class international student experience.
- Top-Ranked University: Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) is top 20 in the UK in 14 subject areas (The Complete University Guide 2019), voted UK's most liveable city (Global Liveability Survey 2018), and is the second oldest Design school in the UK founded in 1838.
- Word Class Research: Manchester Metropolitan University's outstanding research addresses some of the biggest challenges facing contemporary society, feeding our burgeoning reputation for innovation, creativity and impact. Our research and knowledge exchange is led by our team of more than 100 professors, who excel at the forefront of their disciplines to generate knowledge, create beauty and transform society.