Study at the University of Bradford to benefit from - and be part of - teaching and research that harnesses technology for the good of society. At the University of Bradford, students will learn from academic and industry experts who are shaping the future of their sectors, and they'll learn in world-class facilities - they’ve invested millions of pounds in high-tech learning environments, such as their motion capture studio and Bloomberg Trading Room. Many of the courses at the University of Bradford have professional, statutory or regulatory body accreditation or approval, giving students the best possible start to their career.
Students will find a diverse mix of people from different backgrounds, faiths, nationalities and ages all sharing the close-knit City Campus at the University of Bradford. The Times and Sunday Times have named the University of Bradford as the UK’s University of the Year for Social Inclusion 2020. This prestigious national award recognises Bradford’s outstanding impact on social inclusion that ensures all students, irrespective of their background, are supported to achieve their potential and go on to achieve success.
Why the University of Bradford
- A Sustainable City Centre Campus: Students will find everything they need on City Campus. City Campus is compact, self contained, and located just minutes from the city centre. Not only is the campus central it’s sustainable. With buildings made from hemp, beehives with student beekeepers, and edible gardens, sustainable development is embedded in University life. The University of Bradford regularly wins awards for their environmental initiatives, and their new developments are amongst the most sustainable buildings of their kind. Their campus is ranked the 4th greenest in the world.
- Accommodation: The Green is the accommodation recommended by the University of Bradford to their students. The Green is just a few minutes from the Students' Union, the library and morning lectures. It is also just a short walk away from the city centre and other local attractions. The Site Team and their Student Wardens organise social events, trips, competitions and games on and off site – so students will have plenty of opportunities to meet new people and make lots of friends. The apartments also cater for people with a wide range of disabilities
- Arts and Culture: Bradford’s thriving arts scene, diverse multicultural influences and historic venues make it an exciting cultural centre. The University has its own theatre, gallery and music centre. They run an Arts on Campus programme which offers something for everyone, with regular film screenings, exhibitions, talks and events. There are also many student-led societies and clubs covering all kinds of cultural interests.
- Sports and Fitness: Bradford is a really sporty city. The Team Bradford sporting community offers clubs and activities for every student. Students can get involved in a range of sports; from football to snowboarding, archery to athletics. They have fantastic sports facilities on campus including Unique Fitness and Lifestyle, which offers a swimming pool, a climbing wall, a fully equipped gym, regular classes and therapy sessions, and a multi-use sports hall.
- Career and Employability Services: The University of Bradford’s Career and Employability Services offers comprehensive support for students in developing employability skills, finding placements, part-time jobs and graduate employment. This support doesn’t end at graduate, the University offers continued support for five years after graduation.