The University of Essex is a school where curiosity prevails, and where exploring new ways of thinking and pushing boundaries, isn’t just encouraged, it’s expected. The University of Essex was named University of the Year at the Times Higher Education Awards 2018 for their determination to do things differently and put student success at the centre of everything they do.
Studying at East 15 Acting School in Loughton isn’t your average student experience. You’ll be in intensive training at one of the most prestigious and internationally respected conservatoires in the country, gaining the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue a career in the performing arts. As well as all of the brilliant stage and theatre facilities available to East 15 students, you’ll also have access to computer rooms, and the libraries at Hatfields, Southend and Colchester Campuses.
Join a bold and brilliant community of learning at the University of Essex, home to radical thinking and challenging ideas since the 1960s!
Why University of Essex - East15 (Loughton) Campus?
- Gold-Rated Teaching: The University of Essex has a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). This means that the teaching quality, learning environments and student outcomes students can look forward to are among the best in the UK.
- Facilities: Among the state-of-the art facilities available to students are the £1.3 million Roding House which contains ten rehearsal rooms, a green room/café, sound recording studio, video editing suite and a costume department. Unit Four, a £1.5 million facility contains a large workshop, paint shop, prop shop, prop storage facilities and teaching spaces. It's home to the Stage and Production Management department. Students also have access to a radio studio that is equipped for recording radio plays and voice-over work, and over 14 additional studios spaces.
- Location: Yearning for the great outdoors? The campus is bordered by London’s largest open space, Epping Forest, which is just a stone’s throw away from Loughton. If you’re not afraid to get muddy, grab a mountain bike, or saddle up and try horse-riding. Alternatively, take a gentle walk throughout the 6,000 acres of beautiful, ancient woodland, and see what rare wildlife you can spot. Or are the bright lights of the city calling you? Hop on the Central line from Debden underground station (just a five-minute walk from campus), and within half an hour you can be amongst the buzz, excitement, and rich cultural diversity of central London.
- Diversity and Support: Join a community of 140+ nationalities with diverse cultures and ideas. The University of Essex understands the needs of international students, and offers special mentoring session, academic and language support, and one-on-one guidance.
- Innovative Spirit: Students are encouraged to think independently and question convention. They will learn how to think creatively, and how to apply their knowledge and ideas to real-life situations. They’ll also benefit from the University of Essex's partnerships with over 300 institutions all over the world, and the chance to do a paid internship either during their degree or within 3 years of graduating.