City University of Seattle is a private nonprofit university accredited through the doctoral level that is dedicated to serving working adults and transfer students. CityU is located in Seattle, Washington, in the Northwestern United States. Seattle ranks as one of the most livable and cleanest US cities by Forbes Magazine and is home to a thriving tech industry and many international corporations. The university offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees and certificate programs. CityU’s schools and divisions offer programs that are informed and taught by working professionals:
- Albright School of Education - One of the top producers of teachers in the state of Washington. This school offers certificates and undergraduate and graduate degrees for individuals choosing to start or advance a career in education.
- School of Management - A top-ranked business program by U.S. News & World Report, and one of the top producers of MBAs in the state of Washington. This school offers certificates and undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees for students who want to advance their careers in accounting, business, management, leadership, marketing or project management.
- Technology Institute - Offers undergraduate and graduate degrees for students who want to grow their careers in programming, information technology, software development, computer systems, compliance or cybersecurity.
- The School of Arts and Sciences - A lead producer of counselors in the state of Washington and British Columbia, Canada. This division offers certificates and undergraduate and graduate degrees for individuals who want to start or advance their careers in counseling, human services, criminal justice or applied psychology.
- School of Applied Leadership - Offers an Ed.D. in Leadership, as well as master’s degrees and graduate certificates for professionals who want to advance their careers.
- The Washington Academy of Languages (WAL) - Provides English, TESOL, ELP and world language training to students and the business community.
CityU is among the top producer of MBAs and teachers in the state of Washington. CityU’s programs are popular with students worldwide for their practical curriculum and experienced teaching staff, who have worked for some of the world’s most successful companies.
Why City University of Seattle
At CityU we strive to change lives for good by offering high quality and relevant lifelong education to anyone with the desire to learn. Our values include:
- Flexibility – design and deliver programs and services to be convenient to students
- Accessibility – provide educational opportunities to anyone, anywhere
- Innovation – continually create new educational opportunities
- Relevance – what we teach today can be applied tomorrow
- Global – act local but think global
CityU’s vision is education access worldwide via a network of partners and programs onsite and/or online. Our core themes are:
- Deliver high quality, relevant education
- Strengthen global connections
- Foster life-long learning
Some of the other great reasons to come to CityU include:
- CityU is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, a regional accrediting body approved by the U.S. Department of Education.
- CityU has a world class Learning Resource Center, an onsite Counseling Center and a Career Center.
- Cornish Commons is a state-of-the-art residence hall in South Lake Union. The building is just seven blocks from campus and features special amenities for our students.
- CityU has over 20 locations in the Northwest and worldwide. Aside from its flagship campus and headquarters in Seattle, CityU offers programs in Canada, China, Czech Republic, Mexico, Slovakia, Switzerland, and Vietnam.
- For over 40 years CityU has partnered with premier companies, institutions of higher education and international education providers.