Monroe College was founded in 1933 with a single goal: To educate men and women for a successful future. Monroe is recognized as a leader in providing a focused, career-oriented, quality education that integrates classroom learning with real-world experience. Monroe offers a range of certificate, associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs.
The College stands out for many reasons, and one of those reasons is the faculty. Monroe faculty are more than just professors—they are mentors, motivators and members of the Monroe family. Even more, each professor brings invaluable experience into the classroom. Whether they are former NYPD detectives, business leaders, chefs or nurses, Monroe professors make sure their students benefit from their practical knowledge. At Monroe, there are no huge lecture halls. Because classes are small, instruction is personalized and professors know their students by name. It’s one of the main reasons our students do well—there’s always a professor who will arrive early or stay late to help a student understand and learn. Because of their dedication, Monroe faculty receive over a 90% positive rating on student surveys.
Why Monroe College
- Education for the real world: High-profile internships are part of the Monroe education, learning in the real world with Monroe's partner companies who want you to succeed like we do.
- Learn by doing: Employers love our “reality-based” education because it means Monroe grads walk in the door with experience, skills and knowledge that employers value. Because of our close proximity to NYC, Monroe College has partnerships with many top companies and organizations, allowing Monroe students the opportunity to intern at some of the most influential corporations in the world.
- Learn Skills for Today's Workplace: The support students are surrounded with at Monroe is unrivaled. It begins with their admissions advisor and continues all the way through to their career advisor. Monroe does more than prepare students for a diploma. They prepare them for a future.
- Intern in NYC: High-profile internships are part of the Monroe education, experiencing learning in a real world environment with partner companies who want candidates to succeed like Monroe College does.
- Networking is Today's Resume: The Monroe family starts with personal connections between students, faculty and staff. Because mentors know the inner workings of their professions, they will show students the path and guide their every step of the way. Then they will build a wider circle with corporate and community partners who are as invested in the student's success as we are.
- Study with experts: Monroe's approach to learning incorporates real-world education on every level, from professors who are working professionals to internships that help build the student's resume. Professors are at the top of their fields, so they'll have students ready to launch their career the minute they graduate.
- Campus life: Students will never be far from the action. They can do an internship in the media and business capital of the world, take in the culture, see a show. Monroe organizes regular trips to help you get your feet wet.