SUNY Oswego was founded 150 years ago in 1861 by Edward Austin Sheldon. In 1948, the college joined the State University of New York system, and in 1962 expanded to include liberal arts and sciences and professional studies.
Step onto a magnificent campus that stretches along a mile of the scenic Lake Ontario shoreline. Choose from a vast range of majors and discover the one that engages your mind and touches your heart. Learn from and work with distinguished, supportive faculty. Then enrich your experience with overseas study, internship programs, and an amazingly diverse selection of campus organizations. There’s no better place to build your education and your life than at SUNY Oswego.
Why the State University of New York at Oswego
Campus life: SUNY Oswego is home to over 200 international students from more than 35 countries around the world, and the list is growing every year. Some enroll as degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate students, while others come as temporary exchange students or to study English.
- In addition to their academic work, international students play a vital role in our campus community. When you ask an international student at SUNY Oswego what makes their experience a special one, they will tell you it is the quality of the relationships they build with others - with their professors, classmates, and colleagues at their internships.
- With a student body of nearly 8,000 students, SUNY Oswego is large enough to offer more than 110 programs of study, yet small enough for students to form quality relationships with each other as well as with the university’s distinguished faculty.
- Facilities: SUNY Oswego emphasizes quality education and experience inside and outside the classroom on its scenic, 690-acre lakeside campus.
- Enhanced learning environment: Students pursue bright futures through programs in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences; School of Business; School of Communication, Media and the Arts; and School of Education - as well as innovative interdisciplinary programs that cross traditional boundaries.
- Hands-on experience: Oswego opens doors to the future with internships and co-op opportunities that rate among the highest in the SUNY system.