More than just classrooms, labs and big buildings, the University of Wisconsin-Superior has stood as a landmark in the City of Superior since 1893, impacting countless lives and careers along the way. There has been plenty of big changes since then – from their liberal arts initiatives to their new, beautiful buildings on campus. The one thing that hasn’t changed is their welcoming atmosphere. At UW-Superior, they are proud to foster intellectual growth and career preparation within a liberal arts tradition that emphasizes individual attention and embodies respect for diverse cultures and multiple voices through their values.
More than 90% of international students at UW-Superior receive tuition discounts of $5,300 or $7,200 per year through the Nonresident Tuition Waiver (NTW) program.
Why University of Wisconsin-Superior?
- Location: Superior, Wisconsin is a town with a population of 27,000 and three-kilometer bridge separates it from Duluth, Minnesota. Together, Superior and Duluth form the "Twin Ports", with a metro area population of 240,000. The Twin Ports are a popular tourist destination for visitors who enjoy going for a stroll along Lake Superior or taking in the many sites.
- Student Life: Classrooms and labs are great, but there’s a whole world waiting to be explored at UW-Superior. Whether students are looking to develop a new hobby, take advantage of a talent, or just take a break from their studies, the student activities at UW-Superior are sure to have something that fits their style. From wilderness camping and theater productions to cheering on the Yellowjackets or influencing the planning of the university, there’s something for everyone.
- Accommodations: From newly renovated facilities and countless events and activities to first-class dining options and access to all the technology you need, UW-Superior quickly becomes students’ home away from home. At UW-Superior, over 96% of first-year students live on campus. By living on campus, students have the opportunity to live at an affordable cost and have ease of access to academic-related activities.
- Academic Support: There's no need to go it alone! The University of Wisconsin-Superior has resources to help students succeed in even the most challenging classes. From the Educational Success Center, to the Math Lab and the Writing Center, tutors and fellow students are available to lend a hand. Advisors begin working with students from the moment they are admitted to the university, helping to guide them down their education path. Best of all, these services are free.
- Health and Wellness: The health and safety of their students are two of UW-Superior’s highest priorities. Through Student Health and Counseling Services, Campus Safety, and the Marcovich Wellness Center, they commit to providing students a safe and healthy environment so they can learn, discover and grow. The MWC includes fitness and weight rooms equipped with broadcast vision as well as an indoor climbing wall, indoor pool, 4 racquetball courts, an aerobics/dance studio, locker rooms, classrooms and meeting rooms.